NSDL & UTI PAN Card Correction Form & Document Required For PAN Correction: It is not a hidden fact that PAN card is one of the most crucial documents to have in today’s time. It’s a 10-digit unique alphanumeric identifier that is allotted to every taxpayer by the Income Tax Department of the country. The main purpose of the PAN card is to keep a check on all your financial transactions so, that you cannot evade taxes. Thus, you can see that how important of a document it is. Therefore, you cannot afford to have any spelling mistakes or any other mistakes on your PAN card. In case if you find that there is an error and your PAN card needs correction then, you can apply for your PAN card correction by filling up the PAN card correction form. Now that can be done either on the NSDL website or UTI website.
NSDL & UTI PAN Card Correction Form
Both these websites are government portal from where you can get the PAN card correction form. If you are unsure of the procedure to PAN card correction then, we have discussed the steps in details in the following write-up.
Read More: Pan Card Status
PAN Card Correction On NSDL
If you are looking forward to updating or change PAN info on the NSDL web portal then, you will have to follow the steps outlined below:
- The first thing that you need to do is visit the NSDL official website to update PAN info.
- Then go to the ‘PAN Correction’ option which you will find under the heading ‘application type.’
- Now, fill in your details in the PAN correction form to update or change PAN info. Make sure that all the information provided by you are correct because there is no room for error in here. But before you fill up the PAN correction form, you will receive a token number. This token number will be delivered to you even in your mail.
- Once you are done filling up the PAN correction form, check all the details that you have provided.
- Now, click on the ‘next button which will re-direct you to a new page where you will have proof to upload your residence, identity, and
- Before you submit the application form, you will get to preview your PAN correction form. Verify the details and submit your form.
- Once you submit the form, you will have to make a payment of Rs. 110 which you can do with your debit/credit card or net banking.
- After the successful payment, you will get your acknowledgment slip which you will have to take a print out of.
- Put all the relevant documents along with the duly signed acknowledgment slip in the envelope. Write ‘Application for PAN change request’ along with the acknowledgment number on the top of the envelope and send it to the NSDL office.
PAN Card Correction on UTI
To update PAN info on the UTI website, you will have to follow the steps given below:
- First, visit the UTI website and fill up the PAN card correction from
- Next, click on the ‘validation’ option after you verify all the details and then click on ‘submit.’
- Now you need to make the payment with the necessary fee. You can use your debit/credit card or net banking to make the payment.
- Take a print out of the application form that you filed.
- Affix 2 passport sized colored photographs on the given space.
- Sign the form and then send it to the UTI office.
Thus, you can see that how easy it is to update PAN info with the help of these two sites.
Document Required For PAN Correction
If you wish to update PAN info then, you will require certain documents that you will have o produce. The documents that you need to produce to change PAN info are as follows:
- In case you want to change your name after marriage then you will have to provide your marriage certificate, publication of your name change in a gazette, your wedding card along with a passport photo with your spouse’s name.
- In case of a name change for any other reason, you will have to provide the publication of name change in Gazette. In case of companies, they will have to submit their registration certificate for a name
- In case of change of date of birth, you just need to provide all the relevant documents displaying containing the right date.
- In case of change of address, you will have to write an application form, and your PAN info will be updated in the Income Tax Department.
So now, you know the documents that you require to change PAN info.
The PAN card is an essential document. Therefore, it is important that you keep your PAN card updated. By following the steps given above you can easily apply for your PAN card correction. And you already know the documents that you require to change PAN info. It can also be concluded that PAN card correction is a very simple process and therefore, anyone can change PAN info without any issue.